If you won an auction or purchased an item on eBay, but have not received your goods, and something from below list is valid:
- Seller tries to kill the clock by telling you some stories about postal system, or customs at the border holding your package
- Seller offers you to resend the items again by the same shipping method – you will just miss all the deadlines to resolve the case with the help of eBay or PayPal. The second shipping won’t be covered by eBay or PayPal protection
- Seller tells that he/she is not responsible for the postal system loosing shipment. But! Seller is responsible for items delivery right to you! Therefore, seller is fully responsible for undelivered items, even if they are lost by the postal system. Only seller can guarantee or at least provide an option to buyer for safe and reliable delivery. Buyer has no control over it
- Deadline to open an eBay “item not received” dispute has already passed (45 days, as of Feb 2011)
- Deadline to open a case in PayPal resolution center has already passed (45 days, as of Feb 2011)
- Seller stopped to respond to your messages – usually it happens when …
- Deadline to leave a feedback or review for the item on eBay has already passed also (60 days, as of Feb 2011)
Please file your complaint here!
First of all it may protect other buyers from fraud who search for reviews and complaints before they buy. Also, sellers who fell in this list may want to resolve the problem with buyer who reported scam here.
Please report your cases in comments, or contact form. Mention all important information which may help to identify the person in other online stores other than eBay.
Let’s start the list from the first complaint received.
eBay Store: bursztyn2
Location: Fontana, California, United States
Item: “6 Washable Nursing Breast Pads Cotton Flannel Reusable”
Purchase price: $6.99 USD ($4.99 + $2 delivery)
Shipping method: USPS First Class Mail International
Item purchased/ended: Dec 14, 2010
Item Shipped: Dec 16, 2010
First contacted the seller: Jan 26, 2011
Communication with the seller: Seller was sorry for such a big delay, was ready to help, “went” to the USPS post office to figure out where the package was, promised to reply a day later. Replied on 45-th day (from purchase) – the last day to file a dispute with eBay or resolution center with PayPal – that buyer has to go to his postal office of destination to figure out where the package is located because USPS First Class Mail International is not trackable (from seller’s words she was not aware of this). No luck with Canada Post, because there is no tracking number on Canadian side associated with the package. Seller asked to pay $11 for delivery charge so she could send the item again by shipping method which is really trackable. Buyer refused because it doesn’t make any sense and even violates eBay policy. Seller did not agree to make any refund, telling “I’m not responsible for the postal services loosing your package”. Seller did not provide a copy of shipping receipt upon request from buyer. Did not want to resolve a case with buyer. Stopped to answer e-mails after Feb 10, 2011, when 60-days deadline to leave a feedback approached.
Summary: Very disappointed with lost time and money
Other names associated with bursztyn2: Adriana Segall Kielbasa, Fontana, CA, 38 years (This information has been obtained from the public source in the Internet without registration – mylife.com, everyone can get access to it. If you are that person, but has nothing in common with eBay seller bursztyn2, please kindly let us know – we will make a correction)